Thursday, January 17, 2008
Back to normal...sort of.
I've been back in the states for a month and a half and back at school for 2 weeks. Sometimes it still doesn't seem like I actually spent three months of my life in Northern Ireland. But I've also wrestled with the fact that I have changed since being away and life here has gone on without me as well. At times I find myself feeling "not normal" whatever that means. It's not something that I can explain, which is frustrating to me and to the people around me who care and wish they could understand. I am so thankful that I was able to come back to live with a house of amazing friends to live with! They have been very supportive and welcoming which has helped my transition. I didn't think I would have that many problems adjusting, but I've found myself overwhelmed at the littlest decisions at times. It doesn't help that I returned home to a busy Christmas holiday as well as a flurry of wedding planning before coming back to school. But all in all I'm thankful to be back with so many loved ones and I'm beginning to get excited about all of the changes that are in store for my life in the near future. I am thankful for God's abundant blessings thus far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
if you ever need someone to make wedding decisions for you, your sister (and matron of honor, i might add) is just a phone call away...
oh wait, that's not the support you need? well, i guess you can call for other reasons too. :)
love you.
Post a Comment